—Elsa has sex for the first time
Welp, since my “job” (and I use this term loosely, nowadays) has been less than helpful with hours as of recently, I need a way to try and make up the money I need in order to cover bills and the like for next month. As such, the easiest way I can do this for the time…
Stop scrolling. Take your hand off the mouse.
Mondays are stressful. Don’t worry; everyone’s in the same boat. You shouldn’t feel bad about being on Tumblr to decompress.
Just take a half hour to organize your life and gain perspective:
- Take a pen, paper, and ten minutes of your day to compile a list of all the things on your mind. Homework, projects, work, errands, chores, relationships, ambitions. Do not organize them in any way — just get them down on a physical sheet.
- Fold the list in two and slip it under your keyboard. Forget everything you just wrote down. None of it is important for the next 20 minutes of your life, but it will be within arm’s reach once you need it.
- Turn off your monitor or close your laptop. Turn off the sound. You don’t need to shut your computer down, but merely disconnect yourself from it.
- Meditate in whichever environment is most comfortable to you. Sit in silence, take a walk, lie down with the lights off. Keep your thoughts simple and in the moment, as far removed from your life as possible. For the remainder of the half hour, the world cannot touch you. You are free and can do no wrong.
- After 30 minutes is up, take the sheet of paper out of its hiding spot. Open it up and read the first item on the list. That item is your next mission, despite everything else around it. Regardless of how critical this mission is, it means the most to you today. At some point before midnight, do something that furthers that goal.
You’re free to get back online. If the list you created was lengthy, now is the time to organize it. Take the hard stuff and break it down into bite-size pieces. You’ll realize the things that truly need to get done, priorities that were not previously apparent.
Next Monday, grab a blank sheet of paper and go back to step 1. A fresh week is a fresh start!
To any of you who don’t think I am wonderfully photogenic, you can go and right fuck yourself. I’m gorgeous.